Fractions are of two types proper fraction and improper fraction. In the case of improper fractions, we have to convert them into a mixed fraction and then multiply them. In the case of proper fractions, you can directly multiply the numerator and denominator of two or more fractions. You can simply use the multiply fractions calculator to avoid this difficulty.
Multiply Fractions calculator online is very easy to use. Multiply fractions will perform multiplication of fractions and simplify them in the lowest terms. Follow the step by step procedure to use multiply fractions using an online calculator.
1. Enter the first fraction in the first input and second fraction in the second input field.
2. Now select the operation.
3. Hit the calculate button and wait for the result.
4. The output will be displayed on the screen.
Know how to multiply fractions without a calculator.
1. Multiply the numerator of two fractions.
2. Then multiply the denominators of two fractions.
3. Simplify the fractions into the lowest terms.
a/b × c/d = ac/bd
1. What are the types of a fraction?
There are three types of fractions. They are
1. Proper fractions
2. Improper fractions
3. Mixed fractions
2. How to multiply 1/2 and 2/3?
Multiply two fractions 1/2 and 2/3
1/2 × 2/3 = 2/6 = 1/3
3. How do you multiply fractions with whole numbers?
To multiply the fraction with a whole number you have to multiply the numerator by the whole number and leave the denominator unchanged.